Bigpipe Setup Guide for TP-Link TD-W8968 4-port 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router (ADSL)
You’ll need this stuff, which should be packaged with the modem:
Figure 1. ADSL splitter. Plug it into your phone line port. (Note: you won’t need this if your home has a DSL port installed.)
Figure 2. DSL cable
Figure 3. LAN cable (also called Ethernet cable)
Please follow the below instructions to set up your TP-Link TD-W8968 for the Bigpipe ADSL (Basic or Fast) plans.
– After you have powered the modem on and have plugged the DSL cable into your wall jack, and the other end into the white DSL port on the back of the modem (as seen above), please connect the white ethernet cable into the yellow LAN1 port on the back of the modem and the other end of the ethernet cable into your computer’s LAN port.
Important: If your computer does not have a LAN port, connect to the TP-LINK WiFi network and use the PIN found on the bottom of the modem (Your PIN will be different to the one in the below picture – the one in the picture will not work!)
– Please open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. Once you have, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press enter. You will then see the below image.
– Please enter admin for the username and admin for the password, and then click enter.
– Select Advanced Setup and then Wan Service from the left.
– Click on the Remove All button
– Now click on Advanced Setup
– Click on the Remove All buttonand
– then click on Add.
– Change the VPI and VCI to 0 and 100 respectively.
– Change the DSL Link Type to PPPoA, and make sure the Encapsulation Mode is set to VC/MUX.
– Leave the rest of the settings at their defaults, and click Save/Apply
– Click on the WAN Service button
– And then click on Add.
– Select the interfaceand click Next.
– Change your PPP username and password to anything you like (excluding spaces or special characters) and select Next.
– Click, Next
– Select Apply/Save
Great! Now you can connect to the internet! Keep reading for instructions on how to setup your WiFi.
-To set up your WiFi please click on Wireless.
-Change the Wireless Network Name to what you would like your WiFi name to be, and select New Zealand for the country. Click “OK” if a warning message about changing countries appears. Click Save/Apply.
– Important: If you’re connected via wireless, this will have disconnected you. Don’t panic! Just reconnect to your new wireless network name using the same password as before – the PIN from the bottom of the modem. We’ll change the wireless password in the next step.
-Click on Security.
-Scroll down the page. In the field next to Wireless Network Key, type in the password you would like for your WiFi then click on the Click Here To Display button to make sure it is correct.
-Click Save/Apply and then remove the ethernet cable from your computer and connect via WiFi.
Important: If you were already connected via WiFi, you will have been disconnected. Don’t worry! Just select the network name and connect again using the password you just created.
Disclaimer: Our modem guides are just for setting up your Bigpipe connection with these specific models of modem. If something goes wrong during setup we recommend doing a factory reset of your modem and – if necessary – getting in touch with the Bigpipe support team. These guides don’t cover everything your modem can do. If you want to get more in-depth, we recommend starting with Googling your modem model number.